Samana Smiles Foundation (SSF) serves young people of the greater Samana peninsula with limited means by organizing timely, urgent and sometimes lifesaving medical care that they could not otherwise get for themselves. These services are provided on a non-profit basis as recognized by Dominican governing authorities. SSF provides financial, managerial and logistical support while pulling together our collective network of healthcare providers, sponsors and volunteers to provide support services. We do so using a proven methodology for each Case:
- Identify– An urgent healthcare need for a young person with limited means is identified by SSF. A “Case” is opened.
- Determination– SSF determines if they are able to provide support in any manner for the Case. If yes . . .
- Analyze– SSF personnel and volunteers determine which resources and care providers are needed to address the need in a timely manner. A preliminary budget is set.
- Plan– SSF contacts and engages key personnel and facilities to Plan for the necessary treatment
- Implement– SSF personnel and volunteers provide logistical and support services throughout the treatment period. Any necessary payment so providers or for supplies are made.
- Review– SSF reviews the success of the Case, reconciles all costs and documents the “Case” in a one page write-up for distribution to SSF Board and other stakeholders.
SSF utilizes both its Board of Directors in conjunction with a Board of Advisors for its governance and oversight to ensure it is run in a responsible manner as a trusted member of the Samana community.